Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

Last year Mrs. Bryan and I used Edmodo, but only as a turn-in site.
It's fairly easy to create groups in Edmodo, so I plan to set up groups for each class period and use it as place for discussion.  
http://sbisd.edmodo.com/home

I'd really like to start using sites like Poll Everywhere so kids can use the iPads or their cell phones to respond. I'd like the classroom mindset to change,  viewing the phones and texting as a tool and used for good!

Yes, I've definitely been cruising around my PLN to see what cool things my coworkers have planned. 

1 comment:

  1. Poll Everywhere is a great site for checking for understanding of an objective. I really like what Mrs. Bryan did by embedding the poll into her blog and it still being active.

    ReplyDelete